Also published in Jill Walter's gluten-free recipe book. Guaranteed to last for no more than a day... With thanks to Marjorie Warner for the gluten original.
3oz cocoa powder (your preference)
4oz gram flour
4 medium-large eggs
1 teaspoon [gluten free] baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Melt the margarine and sugar in a large saucepan; take off the heat.
* Beat the eggs - one at a time - into the saucepan.
* Stir in the vanilla extract.
* Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into the saucepan, folding carefully until fully incorporated.
* Transfer to a lined and greased baking oblong tray around 8" by 13".
* Bake in a medium-hot oven, 350°F until the brownies are starting to firm.
* Allow to cool, dust with icing sugar and cut into 3cm squares.